Thursday, October 29, 2009

Happy Birthday Emily!


Happy Birthday Emily!!! Today you are three and yet it feels like yesterday that your mom and I were driving you home from the hospital. You were God's divine yet unexpected blessing to us. After your brother's miracle adoption we thought maybe it would be awhile before another door like that would ever open again. Boy were we surprised that after only 15 months God would bless us again with you. Your birth parents made a courageous choice and for that they have our respect and gratitude and one day when you are older I am sure they will have yours as well. My prayer for you and Max is that you would always see your adoption as God's story, because it is and He has some amazing plans for your life.

Emily, I have nicked-named you the Queen Bee, because you command attention. You have so much personality and spunk in that little body of yours that it keeps my mind running on what God is going to ultimately do in and thru you. You are an absolute joy for your mom and I. You keep us laughing and smiling and every time we have the opportunity to hold you and be still our hearts and amazed by the goodness of God seen through your little life. I pray every day for your salvation, your future which God holds, your husband who better not be a chump and your kids who I hope I will still have energy to spoil, but as I do that I pray daily that God would cause my heart not to miss a moment!

I pray that as you grow you would understand the depth of God's love for you and the amazing salvation that He has provided for your soul. I pray that God alone would shape you and mold you and that He would give your mom and I wisdom to raise you rightly and grace to live out His character in front of you. We love you very much. You are an incredible blessing!