Friday, March 7, 2008

Crew

I had the pleasure of speaking at CREW last night. If you don't know what CREW is, it is a ministry to young adults. Crew is a community of young adults whose belief in Jesus Christ is creating movement-towards Christ, each other and the world. It was really cool to hang out with some twenty somethings that are excited about their faith along with some folks who are still searching this whole Christian thing. Chris Shepherd is the founder and director of this ministry and he has a great host of volunteers and lay leaders that help him carry out the mission of this ministry. I absolutely love Chris' passion for Christ and young adults. I was a little intimidated when I first arrived at the gathering last night, because the majority of the people in there looked like a Buckle or Express model, but I was really appreciative of the way my wife and I were received. Crew has groups that meet all throughout Lee and Collier County, so if you are a twenty something and you look for a place to connect, I would encourage you to check out Crew. I know you'd love it. You can check out their website at http://community.experiencecrew.com/.

No comments: