Wednesday, February 6, 2008

I'm the Biggest POSER!

My trip out of the country has been a great one thus far. Our training of church planters here in country have been going extremely well. This group that has assembled here have come from all over the country to gather, to learn, be encouraged get connected and get send out to do the work of the Gospel ministry. I have been so impressed with the quality, depth and commitment of the leaders here. They are extremely genuine, passionate and humble. Yesterday I was with a group and we were discussing the difficulties, the oppression and the spiritual and physical attacks that these men have endured.

One gentlemen told me that just a few weeks ago as he was approaching his church some men who have hassled him for quite some time and who have set out to really disrupt what he is doing attacked him. They beat him with stick, cut him with a machete and threw stones at him as he was running away. As he was running down the street bleeding and in fear for his life, he felt as though the Lord was saying "you're running the wrong way...you said your life belong to Me, you told me you would pay the cost to bring the Gospel to every man, woman and child." I know what you're thinking because my jaw dropped to the ground. So he turned around and told these men, if you need to kill me, kill me, but this service is scheduled to start in 20 minutes and I need to open the doors of the church and preach. The men left him alone. A few days later the same men gave their lives to Jesus Christ and are now worshiping and serving in that very church. At this point I was just sitting there thinking I am the biggest POSER...I'm here to do this these trainings and I have no idea truly what it means to risk all, leave all, give all for the sake of the Gospel. I can tell you that I am leaving this place with a deep conviction, brokeness and new understanding about the call to follow and serve Christ...I'll tell you more later!

1 comment:

LifeDevoted said...

wow....what an amazing testimony those guys have.

Ya know, we may not know what it's like to live in constant fear for our lives b/cof our faith, and I thank God we are able to profess our faith openly, but it doesnt mean what we do here is of any less importance. There's plenty of people here that need Christ, we just approach them differently.

Just my thoughts about it. Hope you are doing good!