Sunday, February 3, 2008

A Great Day...


Today we concluded our series entitled "In God We Trust?". It was a great day. The people were engaged through the time of worship and I was encouraged to see our people respond to the call to live lives of generosity. We asked our people to sign up to give blood next week as a tangible expression of living out the threshold of stewardship of life. Also as we closed down this series we asked our people to give to the clean water project that we are partnering with in Cambodia and in Kenya. For less than $20 we can provide a family with a filtration system that will give them access to clean drinking water. We have been so blessed in this country and it is so easy to take things for granted. You and I can go at any time of the day turn the faucet on and get clean water. There over 1.1 billion people in the world today that do not have access to clean drinking water and as a result 210,000 kids die each week because of mass malnutrition. Today we sought out to try to change those statistics by partnering with the clean water project. I was so proud of our church for responding so generously.

In 1 Timothy 6 it states...Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment. Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share. In this way they will lay up treasure for themselves as a firm foundation for the coming age, so that they may take hold of the life that is truly life.

It truly was a great day and I would be less than honest if I did not say that I am pretty tired. Tomorrow I board a plane to an undisclosed region of the world to join a couple of other pastors from the US to train church planters and pastors. We can not disclose the location of this trip because the Gospel in this region has endured oppression and persecution, yet through it all God continues to move in huge ways and the church of Jesus Christ is powerfully advancing. I always feel privileged to be a part of trips like this, but my heart is always heavy because I hate leaving my wife and kids. I pray that God would give me a renewed sense of energy, I pray that our time there in country will be fruitful and I pray that my family will be safe while I am away. I would covet your prayers...The Lord Bless You!

1 comment:

LifeDevoted said...

Praying for you and for a safe trip...as well as for Pam while yu're gone. God bless!