Monday, March 16, 2009

Quick Re-cap of the Weekend

Here's a quick run down of the weekend. Mission Uganda at our Naples Campus went extremely well this weekend. We got 83 of the 100 children sponsored for the Home of Champions orphanage in Nabukala. We are confident that we will get the remaining kids sponsored hopefully by the end of this week. If you are a part of Summit and would like to get in on what God is doing to bring relief, education and hope to the kids in need in Uganda, please drop Jamin an email at jamin@summitlife.com. The Bible says that true religion is taking care of widows and orphans. I am so proud of our people for desiring to be a part of God's amazing love and grace.

The Legacy Church preview weekend also went extremely well. I think there was a general excitement about what God is leading us to do. The reports I received yesterday and today were all extremely positive. I think our people got a fuller picture of why we need to continue to plant churches even within our own circle of accountability. Hopefully this weekend will be a good momentum boost for Legacy Church as we continue to build a launch team and look forward to our official launch later this year.


Lastly, the duathlon was a lot of fun. I appreciated Jay pushing me to do it. We essentially did everything wrong leading up to this event. We spent the two days prior to the race at amusement parks in the hot sun and essentially ate anything and everything but nutritional stuff. All that being said, I wouldn't of changed a thing and I know Jay feels the same way. The time with our wives and kids was priceless. We truly had a blast and some how God gave us the strength to finish the race. Jay finished third in his age group for the triathlon and I finished first for my age group for the duathlon. It was an all-around great weekend. God is good!

No comments: