Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Yes! Jesus Loves Me


One of my favorite parts of my day is getting my son, Max, up and ready for school. He is such a blessing to his mom and I. God has taught me so much through this special little guy's life. My son loves music, and he just lights up when his mom and I sing to him. Now I have got to confess his mother is a MUCH, MUCH, MUCH better singer. Her voice is sweet, mine on the other hand is just plain ol' ruff...
This morning I began to sing "Yes, Jesus loves me" to my son, and his face just lit up. His smile that just seems to go from ear to ear can melt my heart. And every time I stopped he would clap and he would sign to me "more", "more" and I would just keep singing that to him. Now in my mind I am thinking what a cute little children's song and yet God quickened my heart and said it may be a children's song, but it's littered with TRUTH. Truth that you should never take for granted. God loves us, not because we are worthy or we are special, but because He is merciful and gracious. He has demonstrated that love through the cross of His Son and He continues to demonstrate that love to us each and every day. "But God demonstrates His love towards us, that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us." Romans 5:8
"Yes Jesus loves me the Bible tells me so." I pray that I would not belittle or make light of that truth, but that I would embrace it and that it would create in my heart a smile as big as my son Max's. God is truly good.

No comments: