Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Living with Purpose


One of the things that I use in the morning in conjunction with my personal study through the Scriptures is Henry Blackaby's "Experiencing God Day by Day". Most devotionals can be extremely cheesy or very superficial, but Henry has a way of bringing the Truth of God's Word to light in a very powerful and convicting way. I wanted to share a brief excerpt from this morning's writing.

"God does everything for a reason. God met Saul of Tarusus on the Damascus road for a purpose. Saul had planned to persecute Christians, but his encounter with Christ changed him forever. God did more in that encounter than save Paul from his sin. God began to reveal His will for Paul's life."

I just love that. I think a lot of times as Christians we fail to realize that God has a purpose and plan for us and so we meander through life aimlessly without passion, urgency or direction. I hope that I will never lose sight of God's purposes and plans and I hope that as a husband, father, pastor and friend I can help and assist others to discover theirs. One of the powerful things about the Apostle Paul's life is that he pursued God's plan with fervency, and tenacity and in all things he sought to be faithful to the Lord. I pray the same for my life. It's great to start well, but it is even better to finish well! So if you're reading this my question to you is, do you know God's plan for your life and if you do what are you doing about it and if you don't what are you doing about it? May God reacquaint your heart even today with His plans for you and may you be relentless in pursuing Him and His plans. The Lord Bless You!

No comments: