Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Young Guns


One of the things that is awesome about working at Summit is it's commitment to raising, training and giving the up and coming generation a taste of ministry. Our staff here at Summit is made up of some really sharp young men and women who lead in the areas that range from pre-school, to college all the way to our worship ministry. And if this band of young people remain grounded in the Word with their hearts geared and focused on Christ then there is no telling what this group will go on to do. One of the things that I love about this group is their vision and passion for the future. I met with the group that I am directly responsible for overseeing a couple of days ago for lunch. They all went to the Orange Conference last weekend and they came back absolutely charged and ready to take the hill for Christ. I was totally pumped by their excitement. I was impressed by the fact that they had actually processed through the things they learned at this conference and they had also filtered through what we could be doing here at Summit. It was a great meeting, but now it's time to put feet to these ideas.


It's time to ramp things up even more because there could be nothing worse to a young leader then not to be empowered and not to be given the opportunity to challenge the process and affect change. I am looking forward to what this team of young people come up with in the next few months. I hope I can keep up and channel some of their energy and enthusiasm with the limited experience I have been able to gain through my journey in ministry. God is doing some amazing things in and through Summit and I am so grateful for the Team He has assembled here. I pray that we would continue to strive to glorify God through presenting the Gospel to every man, woman and child. What a ride!!!

No comments: