Saturday, January 26, 2008

My Super Woman...


I am so blessed to have the wife that I do. Not only is she a wonderful mom and an amazing wife, but she is an incredible follower of Christ. Her passion and dedication for Christ convicts me and pushes me. There are not many days that go by that I do not see her spending time in the Word and building her personal intimacy with God. As busy as she is with being a full time mom, part-time employee and keeping up with me, she still finds time to disciple and pour into the lives of three young ladies. Through it all she never complains. She has this amazing knack of pressing forward and doing all she can do to honor God, not out of duty but out of a pure desire to maximize the life God has given her.


Last year, my wife decided to take up the guitar for her own personal time of worship. She already knows how to play the piano and key board and her voice is just awesome. Like everything else she sets her mind to, she gave us herself to learning how to play the guitar. I have been amazed at how good she has gotten in such a short amount of time. What I love about my wife is her humility. You will never catch her boasting about any of the things she can do. My wife though she serves in a fashion that keeps her in front of people would much prefer to be in the background-behind the scenes. That fact at times becomes a challenge in stepping out to take new roles. Over the last few months she has taken the role of lead worshipper for our women's ministry. Last night she led worship for our women's gathering, and even though she was not feeling well she pulled through and allowed God to use her. I continue to be amazed at God's activity in and through my wife's life. I feel so honored to share life with such an incredible woman. I just pray that I can love and serve her the way God calls me to.

No comments: