Sunday, January 27, 2008

A McDonald's Moment...


Today was a great day. We had a very powerful worship service. I truly admire our band for their commitment to usher people into God's presence. As wonderful as the service was the experience that my wife, my kids and our extended daughter Erin had at McDonald's was even sweeter. We were sitting enjoying our expensive lavish meal when we struck up a conversation with one of the employees who was cleaning the tables around us. I remembered her from one of my many previous visits...what can I say I am in training! Anyway we began to ask her about church. We invited her to try out a service at Summit, that's when God really opened the door to a cool time of ministry.


She was hesitant to the invitation because she has a four year old daughter who is autistic and she was worried about whether we would be able to handle and accommodate her. We immediately began to share about our little man, Max, and his diagnosis. Immediately a door opened and we were able to take the conversation deeper. The pain and discouragement in this woman's eyes was very noticeable. She looked like a person who was in desperate need of support and encouragement. At one point she even asked us if God was punishing her for her sins by giving her this child. My heart broke and my wife was so quick to address that question and reassure this woman of God's love. There is so much more that I could write about this encounter, but I think I will just ask you to pray for this woman and her child. Pray that God would intervene and encourage this woman's heart, don't worry that you don't know her name God does.

Today's divine appointment brought greater clarity to why God has blessed us with Max. You see my wife and I have been introduced to an entire new world. Every man, woman and child has a new face for us and we want to be faithful in holding God's heart in this new circle God has us in.

1 comment:

LifeDevoted said...

wow...what a great time of witnessing. Hope everyone's doing good down their!