Saturday, April 19, 2008

Race for Grace


This morning I ran in the Race for Grace 5k. It was a fun event. All the proceeds went to help support the ministry of Teen Challenge. I did enjoy getting to meet some of the volunteers and staff of Teen Challenge. I spent all of the time I had before the race talking to individuals and meeting people, that I had not left any time to stretch or warm up. Needless to say that wasn't a good thing. I was running as stiff as a board for the first mile. All that being stated, the time before the race wasn't wasted. Some of the stories of the teenagers that have been rescued, redeemed and restored through this ministry was very encouraging. The picture is my attempt to sprint to the finish. At this point I was just glad to finish...The theme verse for the race was absolutely appropriate at this point...
My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in your weakness." 2 Cor. 12:9

No comments: