Thursday, April 3, 2008

Super Day

Today was a great day. The last few weeks have been absolutely jammed packed and crazy, so it was good to get a true leisure and lazy day. I was able to spend the day with two of my close friends, Jamin and Nathan. Two guys that I really respect highly and two guys that God has used in my life in different ways to teach me more about Himself. The cool thing about today was that our time together was spent on the golf course...yeah it was sweet. But it gets sweeter, the golf was free; one of those awesome perks of being pastor. One of the awesome people who attends Summit is a golf pro and he had us up come out as his guest. It was really a nice gesture and gift. I shot a 99, not bad for not playing in over a year, but the reality is I still suck. It was really good to be with my buddy Nathan. Unfortunately, I do not get to see him much because he is a part of a team that is planting a church in downtown Memphis (http://www.gracechurchmemphis.com/).

Then tonight my wife and I were invited to dinner by one of the couples from Summit, Mike and Melinda. Truly a fun and wonderful couple. In the middle of dinner Melinda tells us that it was her birthday. Which right away caught my wife, Pam, and I off guard and we began to explain how we could of gone out on another night and how we feel bad intruding on her special day. And she quickly explains that her husband gave her a list of things that she could have for her birthday and one of the things she chose was to have dinner with us, then she said to us, you guys are my gifts! How cool is that! Not sure what tomorrow will bring, but I'm thanking God for today.

Oh, can't forget to mention that the YANKEES won today as well!!!

No comments: