Sunday, August 10, 2008

Paronychia???


Paronychia...yeah it is not a Greek word I came across in my study through the New Testament. It is a word the doctor used this morning at 5am when my name at the emergency room was finally called. A few days ago I was complaining to my wife that I was experiencing some discomfort in my left pointer finger. I had hoped it would go away. Four days later my finger had swelled was bright red and purple and the pain was almost unbearable. At 1:00am this morning I could not take it any longer so I drove myself to the emergency room. I waited four hours for them to call my name. I was growing so restless that I almost called the Benny Hinn miracle network...just kidding. When the doctor saw my finger he knew exactly what it was...paronychia...which is basically a staph infection that grows under your nail.

Then came the question how long have you felt discomfort? Four days I replied. Four days!, the doctor exclaimed. Why would you wait so long? Well, two injections, an incision and a lot of squeezing out of nasty puss, I was feeling a lot better. I am on antibiotics and my pointer should be okay.
I couldn't help but to think about that question "why did you wait so long?" I started to think about how spiritually appropriate that question is? Why do we tend to wait so long to confess our sins? Why do we wait so long to seek out the help we need? Why do we wait so long to repent of the vomit that we continue to return to? Why do we wait so long to deal ruthlessly with the sin in our lives that so easily entangle us? There could be many different answers and reasons, but the one that I kept thinking about is the fact that we fail to understand the danger and the peril that we can find ourselves in, if we fail to engage and do what we need to do? Last night the doctor gave me an honest picture of what could of happened had I waited too long. I had nothing to say except I guarantee you I won't wait this long again. My prayer is that I truly will not wait too long with not just the things that threaten my physical health but also my spiritual walk. Yup, paronychia...God is always teaching me new things.

5 comments:

LifeDevoted said...

woah! So glad you're ok now!

Unknown said...

air max, longchamp, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, burberry, cheap oakley sunglasses, gucci outlet, nike free, ray ban sunglasses, tiffany and co, nike free, tiffany jewelry, air jordan pas cher, oakley sunglasses, uggs on sale, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton outlet, louis vuitton, jordan shoes, replica watches, oakley sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet, longchamp outlet, nike outlet, prada handbags, michael kors, nike air max, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, chanel handbags, longchamp pas cher, tory burch outlet, sac longchamp, kate spade outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louboutin outlet, christian louboutin outlet, prada outlet, louboutin shoes, replica watches, louis vuitton outlet, nike roshe run, ugg boots, oakley sunglasses, louboutin, polo ralph lauren outlet, ralph lauren pas cher, nike air max, louboutin pas cher, ugg boots

Unknown said...

michael kors outlet, north face, hogan, abercrombie and fitch, true religion outlet, mulberry, burberry outlet online, hollister, michael kors outlet, air force, kate spade handbags, true religion jeans, ugg boots, vanessa bruno, michael kors outlet, ray ban pas cher, true religion jeans, ralph lauren uk, oakley pas cher, coach outlet, sac guess, vans pas cher, replica handbags, michael kors, converse pas cher, tn pas cher, lacoste pas cher, north face, lululemon, true religion jeans, michael kors, burberry, nike air max, michael kors outlet, coach purses, coach outlet, timberland, nike air max, michael kors, ray ban uk, ugg boots, nike free run uk, nike blazer, nike roshe, nike air max, michael kors, new balance pas cher, michael kors outlet, hermes, hollister pas cher

Unknown said...

beats by dre, gucci, valentino shoes, timberland boots, vans, hollister, iphone cases, nike roshe, new balance, longchamp, reebok shoes, asics running shoes, ralph lauren, louboutin, celine handbags, lancel, soccer shoes, converse outlet, nike air max, herve leger, vans shoes, nike huarache, north face outlet, insanity workout, oakley, instyler, ray ban, mac cosmetics, birkin bag, jimmy choo shoes, nike trainers, abercrombie and fitch, hollister, wedding dresses, p90x workout, mcm handbags, baseball bats, chi flat iron, soccer jerseys, hollister, nike air max, nfl jerseys, ferragamo shoes, lululemon, bottega veneta, ghd, babyliss, north face outlet, converse, mont blanc

Unknown said...

ugg pas cher, moncler, moncler, canada goose, pandora charms, hollister, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, marc jacobs, thomas sabo, sac louis vuitton pas cher, doudoune canada goose, ugg boots uk, louis vuitton, canada goose, moncler, pandora charms, karen millen, canada goose outlet, moncler, bottes ugg, juicy couture outlet, replica watches, supra shoes, pandora jewelry, moncler outlet, montre pas cher, louis vuitton, swarovski crystal, canada goose outlet, swarovski, toms shoes, pandora jewelry, moncler, wedding dresses, canada goose, moncler, canada goose uk, louis vuitton, moncler, canada goose, links of london, louis vuitton, coach outlet, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, juicy couture outlet