Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A timely word...

I love God's Word and I so desperately desire to be a man who trust in it, is changed by it daily and reflects it in every area of my life, not just on a weekend service. I am currently reading through Jeremiah right now and today I was scheduled to read chapters 13-15. A couple of things quickly jumped off the page and just got my attention. The beginning of chapter 13 I noticed that on several occasions the prophet Jeremiah stated..."the Lord said..." and he would quickly follow up with, "so I went." I just marveled at Jeremiah's ability to hear God and his immediate response to God's revelation. That alone got me reflecting on my own life. Do I consistently hear from God and am I quick to respond and obey? Now to get a good perspective, let me tell you that the things God revealed and shared with Jeremiah were not easy, but Jeremiah went and he obeyed.

In Jeremiah 15 verse 16 there is a powerful verse that I have in fact in the last month have put to memory as a personal check and challenge..."When your words came I ate them; they were my joy and my heart's delight, for I bear your name, Lord God Almighty." Nuff said, let's live there and let this be the joy of hearts!

Lastly, today my friend begins one of the toughest tracks of his personal life and walk with the Lord and he has been heavy on my heart these last few days. I felt as though the Lord gave me these verses to share with him. Wherever you are today my friend, know that I love you and I stand with you...fight hard and press forward! I pray that this would serve as a reminder to all of us that God does not give up on the broken. May my friend and each of us find hope in that fact. The Lord Bless You!

19 Therefore this is what the LORD says: "If you repent, I will restore you that you may serve me; if you utter worthy, not worthless, words, you will be my spokesman. Let this people turn to you, but you must not turn to them. 20 I will make you a wall to this people, a fortified wall of bronze; they will fight against you but will not overcome you, for I am with you to rescue and save you," declares the LORD. 21 "I will save you from the hands of the wicked and redeem you from the grasp of the cruel."