Saturday, December 15, 2007

Just Funny Stuff...

So my trip to Israel was amazing and I will post another blog soon about the lessons I learned from that experience. Today however there is nothing spiritual about this blog, it is just one of the many funny situations I find myself in with my buddy, Jamin. I arrived from Israel on Tuesday and on Wednesday my wife was hosting a party for close to 50 people in our home. It was a great time. When everyone left my wife and I and Jamin and his wife Vicky who happen to also be our neighbors were unwinding out in our yard in front of our fire pit. I had placed the fire pit on top of this nasty brown patch of grass that is in Jamin's yard. We were enjoying the fire until suddenly we realized that the flames were not only growing higher but the grass around it was now also engulfed...

Jamin quickly jumped into action and began to try to blow it out...I kid you not. The fire is now spreading, so we run towards his hose. The hose was in a box and we could not get it out. At this point my wife springs into action and gets our hose, that is fully equipped with a Tickle Me Elmo head on it. Needless to say after several minutes we were able to put the fire out and I happy to report that no one was hurt. And now instead of a brown patch of grass in Jamin's yard there is a huge black charcoal circle. After it was all done, we did have quite a laugh.

No comments: