Sunday, December 2, 2007

Destiny...


Today at Summit we began a new series that will take us through what we recognize as the Christmas season. I am really looking forward to this series and I believe today was a great start. I strongly feel that God does have a destiny for each and everyone of us. Today one of the things we discussed was the fact that if we are to be people of destiny, people who seek to fulfill God's purposes then we must be confident that God has a purpose for everything.
At times the pressure, disappointment, frustrations of life tend to keep us from viewing our circumstances from God's perspective. At times the pressures become so pressing that we fail to view our circumstances in light of the eternal. This is something that God has really been teaching me. I would of never have chosen to have a child with autism, but my wife and I are realizing more and more that God has a greater plan and purpose, and though this journey has been quite tough for us, we would not want it any other way. The closer we get to God the more we realize that He does have an eternal plan and purpose for my son and for us as a family. I would of never been connected to the people that God has led me to cross paths with as of late. My wife and I have been introduced to a whole new world, with new people who need to know about the love of Christ.
God is definitely stretching us and we are learning daily to look from God's perspective and to believe that God is working in the midst of our circumstances to bring about a greater purpose. I pray that I would seek to be a person of destiny...a person who is fully surrendered to God and who is confident that God does have a purpose for everything! The next time you find yourself in a tough situation I pray that you will step back and ask "God how do you want to glorify Yourself through this?" and then commit yourself to walk through it in response to Him. That's all I want now, because I know God is fully worthy of it!

3 comments:

Art Teacher said...

I' m leaving a comment for you for 3 reasons...
a. you are an effective communicator and others are not encouraging your blogging habit by leaving lots of comments
2. Sermon was fantastic on Sunday...all the English relatives said so. My brother-in-law said "wow he is really excitable" which I think was a complement.
III. This sermon series reminds me of a quote from movie that says "you have a touch of destiny about you" which is true about all of us, not just the hero in the movie.
Have a nice trip...and keep up the blogging!
Carly

Tessa said...

You did a great job on Sunday, Orlando. Truly well done.
I am aware that I am late to say this, but I hope that your journey to Israel is (and was) a great time for you and that your travels are safe.
-tessa

LifeDevoted said...

Orlando,
It's Lauren Nee. I just got one of these blog things this week. Anyway, I read this just now, and the part about how we view circumstances...definitly needed to read it, in light of some school stuff. Hope your trip is going great!!