Friday, December 7, 2007

A Plea from The Chief Rabbi...



Yesterday we met with the Chief Rabbi for the nation of Israel. This position would be like the pope is to catholics. It was very interesting to listen to him speak. He was a very gracious and articulate speaker. There was one thing that he said that stuck out to me. He pleaded with us to please tell everyone of our experience in the Holy Land. He encouraged us to take advantage of sharing all the things we had seen and experienced with every person we had influence with. His motivation in saying this was that he believed if we truly shared with others the truth, as he put it, of the beauty of Israel and it's people, then we could begin to change the opinions that people have of this country that have been primarily formed by what they have seen on CNN.

It was not too hard for me to bridge the connection between what he said and the call that we have as Christians. Imagine the difference we could make in our circle of influence, in the world that God has us, if we would share with others the experiences we have had with Christ. If we would just share about the joy and peace that He has brought to our lives. Imagine what difference the TRUTH can make in the lives of those we encounter if we were just more willing to share it. Now I have to be honest with you, I did not need any rabbi to tell me to share about the experiences I have had here. In fact I am biting at the bit to get back home to share it, hopefully not to nausea for those who I do life with. But the reality is that as beautiful and majestic as this land is and as wonderful as this experience has been, I should be far more excited about sharing about the One who gave His life for me. The reality is that at times I allow other experiences to trump the greatest experience of all. So I hope and pray that I would take the words of this Chief Rabbi and put them in the right perspective of the True Chief Rabbi, and Master Teacher Jesus Christ...who said "you shall be my witnesses" to every man, woman and child. Keep sharing and keep telling, it will make a difference.

1 comment:

Erin Gari said...

I can't wait to hear all about it! You daughter wants to say something to you....afsssszffastdsatwsftgsdatrzzzzzzzzzzzakjjjuj KJyhasfra.>FKLBNBNUUON / qyvtttu ....(typed all by herself! haha)

Translation: Daddy-I miss you and I love you...come home soon!