Sunday, June 29, 2008

Birthday...

I had a great birthday this year. My wife made me her world famous pancakes for breakfast which was a huge treat, not only because they are absolutely delicious but also because since we've been on our hallelujah diet there isn't much room for cheating. Than my wife surprised me by having a sitter all set up for us to have the morning all to ourselves to go shopping. My wonderful parents and in-laws sent me some money to buy a new wardrobe. As a result of this new lifestyle my wife has us on I have dropped around forty pounds so I basically have no clothes that fit me. Spending money that was gifted to me for the purpose of buying new clothes helped me overcome the guilt I usually feel over spending money on myself. Besides the clothes that I bought my wife, Pam, got me some wonderful gifts for my birthday. To close out my birthday we went to Calastoga with our good friends Jamin and Vicky and our kids. We had a great time relaxing and watching our kids run a muck throughout the restaurant, luckily there was no one there to judge us on our parenting skills...I had some time yesterday to reflect back on some of the highlights from this past year and to think through some of my hopes and prayers for the year to come. So here are a few...

Highlights...

* Trip to Israel
* Family vacation with the kids and friends
* Weekend in the Keys (first time alone without the kids)
* Moving into our new church facility
* Walk Now for Autism event

Prayers for the Upcoming Year...

* Healing for our little guy Max
* Trip to New York with Pam to catch a Yanks game in their new stadium
* Another Summit Campus

No comments: