Thursday, June 26, 2008

Great Friends

Last night my small group and some other great friends threw me a surprise birthday party. My birthday is actually on Saturday, but my group turned our social night into a surprise party for me. I got to tell you that I felt truly blessed. It was a fun time, just eating and laughing and poking fun out the poor souls who were brave enough to do karaoke. As I was sitting around last night I was thinking at how blessed I am to have such great friends. I think at times we can take for granted the relationships that God has blessed our lives with. I looked around the room and I could honestly say that every person in the room has always demonstrated genuine love, concern and support for me and my family and for that I am truly grateful. Sure, some of my friends are goofy, sure some of them are ego maniacs, sure some of them smell...but seriously they all are wonderful people. (I put that last sentence in there because I know some of my friends read these ramblings, so I figured I would make them think about who I could be referring to...I'm just kidding.) Anyway, it was a great evening and a great way to kick-off my birthday weekend. One of the coolest things is that my friends chipped in and got me a most generous gift card to the Trek store. So today I will be getting the much needed supplies that I need to get my bike back on the road and my training for the duathalon back on track. God is good and He demonstrates that goodness in so many different ways. One of those ways is through our relationships, so if you have some great friends, thank God for them and take the time to thank those special people in your life as well. God Bless!

No comments: