Thursday, January 15, 2009

Experiencing God


This week as a staff we committed to go through Henry Blackaby's study "Experiencing God". For the next twelve weeks as a team we are committing to invest the time to this study and discuss as a staff in our regularly scheduled staff meetings. I am pretty pumped to go through this study. The last time I went through this study was seven years ago and shortly after it, I knew God was leading my wife and I to leave Miami and move to SWFL. I find myself in this stage of my life and ministry in a similar state as I was seven years ago. Don't get me wrong, I love what I am doing and I love where I get to do it, but there is a little restlessness in my spirit and I am hoping that through this study God will reveal to me what He has for my wife and I in the near future.

As much unrest I may sense at times I was so glad to get the word I did today from the study and it was this..."My primary concern should not be, what should I do with my life tomorrow? but, What does God want me to do today? As you follow Jesus one day at a time, He will keep you in the center of God's will."

Reading that today was like finding my keys after one of toddlers had hid them and could not tell me where they threw them. It was complete relief and joy. It was a powerful reminder to me that though there maybe some unrest because I so desperately want to know the step by step plan and full picture of what God is going to do with me, the key is to trust Him and follow Him today. Now of course I knew this, but for some reason I had forgotten it, or neglected it. God in many ways is more likely to call us to follow Him daily than He is to give us the detailed plan before we begin to obey. The challenge for me is to follow today and believe that as I do that God will lead me to the center of His will. Sounds simple enough...right, but as you know the key is to put it into practice, to live it out.

So if you find yourself today, in a place where you are desperate to discover God's full plan for your life, don't allow your heart to grow so frustrated that you forget that God has called you to follow Him today and today's obedience will lead you closer to what He has for you. Just another rambling...God Bless!

No comments: