Tuesday, January 20, 2009


Today my family and I head to Miami. Sunday is the Miami Marathon that I will be participating in. There are over 15,000 people registered for this race. It's the largest marathon to date ever held in Miami. It should be quite crazy. I am thrilled that my friends Todd and Jonathan will be running with me. I am running in honor of my son, Max, who lives and continues to strive through his diagnosis of autism. God has taught me so much and continues to show me so much through my son's life. I will be running for Max and for the Organization for Autism Research. I am very close to my fundraising goal. If you would like to be a part of the team please visit my fundraising site at http://www.firstgiving.com/orlandocabrera. It should be a challenging day, but I am looking forward to it. I would covet your prayers.

“The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.” (Zephaniah 3:17)

I pray that this verse will bring you comfort and encouragement today as it did to me.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Orlando, I am so excited for you and Max. What a thrill it will be when you come across the finish line! We have you in our prayers.

Love you,
Karen