Thursday, January 29, 2009

Is it of God?

Things at Summit continue to roll. I continue to be overwhelmed and left in awe of God's movement and manifestation of power in and through our ministry. Right now in this season we have a lot going on. We are in the process of launching a new church, revamping our college ministry, finalizing what we believe is God's plan for us in regards to spiritual formation, and the list goes on, these are just some of the things we are currently working on. I love the agressive nature and position of the Leadership and Staff of our church. We always sit ready to respond to God's activity and invitation.

I was continuing my reading through the book of Acts today and a verse jumped out at me. Peter and John even after being thrown in jail and released by an angel continue to preach the Gospel which just enrages the religious leaders. These religious leaders begin to plot on what to do with these guys when a Pharisee named Gamaliel steps up and saysverse 39) Leave these men alone! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God."

This for me reemphasized the importance of not trying to run ahead of God, not putting plans together and then asking God to bless it as though He was an after thought. The most important thing for us and what I mean by us is not just pastors, but all followers of Christ is to make certain that what we are doing and are about to engage in is in direct response to God's invitation and leading. Because if it is not it is doomed to fail and on the bright side if it is nothing can thwart it. So how about it, is your activity or the purposes you are currently pursuing of human origin? I pray that they are not. Just another rambling. God Bless You.

1 comment:

Henry Judy said...

Hey Orlando. That post really spoke to me. That verse in Acts I needed to hear. You bless me with your Christ like nature. Please continue to pray for Life Point.
Blessings
Henry