Saturday, May 3, 2008

African Aids 5k Race


Today I ran in a 5k race in Fort Myers. It was hosted by New Hope Presbyterian and all the proceeds went to help World Missions efforts in bringing relief to individuals living with aids in Africa. They had a pretty good turn out with almost 200 participants. The weather was great and I truly had a good time. I ran with our most recent addition to our Summit Staff, Jay Richardson, who is serving as our Naples Campus Pastor. Jay has been training for the Iron Man. Today he served as my coach. He helped me keep my pace and he pushed me every step of the way and it worked. Today I posted my best time and my fastest mile to date. It is amazing what we can accomplish with just a little push and encouragement.
It got me thinking about whose life in my circle of influence could I be pushing and encouraging right now. What was funny was that once we were finished Jay turned to me and said "you still got more in you." Could it be that those around us have more in them, and they don't even know it. What they may need is just a little encouragement, push and a word of vision spoken into their hearts and lives. Just a thought, but worth taking a minute to think and look around your circle right now. Who is it that God could be leading you to push and challenge. Don't miss out on this opportunity. Let's get as many to finish strong as we possibly can for the glory of God!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Orlando, what a great message and so true! I am thankful that your beautiful wife has been my encourager as I implement new principles in my life. As busy as she is she still makes time to teach and encourage me. God Bless you and your wonderful family. Love you!