Thursday, May 29, 2008

Commencement Speaker


Tonight my wife and I will be heading to Miami. I have the privilege of being the commencement speaker at the graduation of my wife's Alma Mater, Dade Christian School. My wife and I were also teachers there years ago. It is a great school, that has a long and rich history. I feel very honored to have this privilege tonight, but I would be less than honest if I said that I wasn't a little nervous. I have spoken for several different audiences and venues, but never a graduation.

I asked my wife several weeks ago what I should challenge this graduating class with? She said "just think if it were one of our kids graduating, what would you want them to hear?" That was a great response. The fact is I would want them to remember the values that I am desperately trying to build my life upon and the values that we as a Leadership Team are trying to build our ministry on; God, Truth, Love, Mission. I can not think of anything better to challenge this group of students with. I guess because these values have been driving me and challenging me to be the man God desires me to be. I pray that my words would reflect God's heart and Truth. I would appreciate your prayers.

2 comments:

nathan said...

Praying for you now. So, you speaking in English or Espanol?

LifeDevoted said...

wow, that's awesome. Hope and pray it goes well!