Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!!!

My life has been blessed richly by the lives of incredible individuals. One of those such people is my mom. The woman is absolutely incredible. My mom has taught me so much about working hard, loving people and serving Jesus wherever He has you. My mom has been through so much in her life but like the energizer bunny she keeps on going and going. I thank God for my mom and for her endless prayers for me and her Christlike example and witness in my life. My mom is a woman of small stature but her life speaks loudly.

I am also blessed to have the greatest woman on the planet as my wife. My wife, Pam, is just an amazing woman. God teaches me and speaks to me in so many different ways through her life. I love watching my wife every night spend time with God through His Word. I love to see my wife and hear my wife pour into the lives of younger woman. I love to see my wife use her God given talents of singing and playing in the context of ministry. I love spending time with my wife, because she truly is my best friend. I love to see her heart each day as she plays, nurtures and cares for our two kids. She is an incredible mom. Even the challenge of having a child with special needs could not dampen my wife's spirit or heart. God has truly wired my wife to be a mom. I look forward to when my kids are older when they can fully understand how awesome their mom is...not to mention maybe they can start kicking in some funds for the Mother's Day gifts...I know that's wishful thinking.

Tonight I hope to take my wife out for a special Mother's Day date night, but right now I am sitting on the couch with her watching "Mary Poppins." Someone shoot me now, but it is Mother's Day and it was her choice. I thank God for my mom and for my kid's mom. Make sure that you take the fullest opportunity today to thank and show appreciation to those special women in your life. God Bless.

No comments: