Sunday, May 18, 2008

Vacation...

Yesterday my wife, Pam, and I celebrated our 11 year wedding anniversary. We spent our anniversary in Sarasota as I had the privilege to marry my friend and co-worker Levi and his fiance Julie. These 11 years have been awesome. I have been blessed with the world's greatest woman. She is an amazing mom, a wonderful wife and a great friend. Every year we take this week and go on vacation.

Well today we began our family vacation. We arrived in Orlando this morning and took the kids to Aquatica. I was a little leery to say the least. My wife and I enjoyed this park last month when we got away by ourselves. I was not sure if our kids were going to enjoy it. Man, was I wrong. My kids had an absolute blast.

It was such a joy to watch them playing in the water and going down the kiddie slides. They could not get enough of the water, the slides, and the sprinklers. It was so good to see my wife and kids just laughing and having fun. Ministry at times can become very demanding and if you are not careful it can come at the detriment of your family. One of my constant prayers to God is to always cause my heart to keep things in priority. The pictures that were captured in my mind and heart today will help in that quest.

1 comment:

LifeDevoted said...

I just wanted to say you did a great job at the wedding. I thought what you said about Levi and Julie was so nice, and meaningful. Hope you have a fun vacation!