Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Reflections

On Monday night my wife, Pam, and I went out by ourselves to celebrate her 3? birthday. We had a great time. It is always a pleasure to spend time alone with my wife. She is a constant reminder of God's goodness and faithfulness in my life. Over the course of dinner I asked my wife a couple of questions:
#1 What have been some of the greatest things God has shown you or done in you or through you over this last year? Basically, what have been those big God moments over the last year?

#2. What are you asking or hoping that God will do in you, through you or for you in this next year?

It was encouraging to hear my wife respond to these questions. It reaffirmed in my heart how closely she walks with Jesus and how sensitive she is to His activity and to His Spirit. I felt challenged in my heart because I thought I knew how I would answer had the questions been posed to me, but after listening to Pam I realized that I really hadn't even begun to scratch the surface of understanding how much God has been at work in my life and how much more He wants to do.

Every day God is at work, and every day He longs for us to see His greatness and His glory, but unfortunately there are probably more days than not that we miss it. We miss it, for a variety of reasons. Maybe we are too consumed with what the world puts in front of us, maybe we are too busy been stressed and burdened by the problems of this life, maybe we have grown cold and we no longer desire that which use to capture and amaze our heart or maybe we are to caught up in ourselves that somehow we have deceived ourselves into believing that we are the center of God's universe. Whatever it is I pray for myself and for any eyes that cross these ramblings that we would shed all of that quickly and begin once again the process of training our hearts toi focus on the eternal beauty of Christ.

Here's a challenge answer the questions for yourself...go ahead I dare you. Don't let a day go by where you miss God's activity. May He continue to enlarge your view of His greatness.

"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him—"

1 comment:

LifeDevoted said...

hmm...good questions Orlando...they take some thought.