Monday, July 28, 2008

God is My Healer

Tomorrow morning my father-in-law will be having surgery to deal with his cancer that was discovered a few months ago. Anytime you talk about surgery there is always an uneasiness that can develop. No matter how much the doctors can say that the surgery is routine, the reality is that anything can happen, but of coarse we serve a God who is greater than any cancer, any illness or anything else that may threaten our lives. We know that because of Christ we are more than conquerers. The doctor's will have a better idea of what is happening once they do the surgery. We would covet your prayers for Pam's, father, Pierre. He truly is a godly man. He is a loving dad, faithful husband, an amazing grandfather (PawPaw) to his 6 grandchildren, a wonderful father-in-law and a powerful example to me. My father-in-law has taught me so much, especially in the area of being a dad. I love watching him interact with my kids and how quickly he would drop anything he is doing to chase my son around the house or give him and my daughter another "ride a little horsey ride" on his knee. He is even like that with my wife, not so much with the little horsey rides, but he always shows genuine interest in her life and he is always there to show his love, support and appreciation to her. He truly is a special man. We are trusting that God in His grace and power would reign over this situation and that in it as well as through it He would glorify Himself.

I spent some time praying for my father-in-law this morning and just lifting him up to our Great Physician, our God Healer. I know that nothing in all of creation can trump God or thwart His plans. This morning I was also reading someone else's blog and I came across this site http://www.healer.integritymusic.com/. Hillsong is coming out with a new album on August 5th one of the songs on the album is "Healer". The song is incredible and the story behind the song is powerful. If you have a moment it's worth clicking on the link and listening to the song and watching the video. It is a powerful reminder of the fact that God is our Healer! May we all take comfort in that profound truth, that God is our Healer. Whether it be cancer, sin, hopelessness, emotional brokenness, anxiety, depression whatever the case may be God is powerful enough to heal...God Bless You!

1 comment:

LifeDevoted said...

I've been away all week so am just catching up on your blog posts, Definitly praying for your father in law,as well as pam and you.