Thursday, July 10, 2008

Jesus was amazed at him...

This morning I was reading Luke chapter 7 and something just jumped out at me and got me thinking and reflecting on my walk with Christ and my faith in Him. The beginning of chapter 7 is about the faith of the centurion soldier. This man was well respected in Capernaum and a man of high authority. Jesus had gotten word that the centurion's servant was very ill and the people urge Jesus to go see the servant and beginning in verse 6 we see what happens...
6 So Jesus went with them. He was not far from the house when the centurion sent friends to say to him: "Lord, don't trouble yourself, for I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. 7 That is why I did not even consider myself worthy to come to you. But say the word, and my servant will be healed. 8 For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. I tell this one, 'Go,' and he goes; and that one, 'Come,' and he comes. I say to my servant, 'Do this,' and he does it." 9 When Jesus heard this, he was amazed at him, and turning to the crowd following him, he said, "I tell you, I have not found such great faith even in Israel." 10 Then the men who had been sent returned to the house and found the servant well.

Verse 9 just jumped out at me this morning...Jesus was amazed at him. What was Jesus amazed by? Well certainly this man's faith, humility and high view of who Jesus is had to be some of the things that had to catch the Master's attention. I couldn't help think about my life. In this season would Jesus be amazed by my faith and my view of Him. If we do live for an audience of One, shouldn't we strive to amaze, bless and honor our King? But, I guess the reality is that at times I'm too busy living for myself or living to impress others that I forget that fact. Pride and ignorance can be such a damaging thing and at times I struggle with both. I am grateful for God's continual grace in my life. I pray that the Lord would fill me a new each day and would cause my heart to try live for Him and Him alone. May my life in this season amaze Him. So how are you doing in amazing Jesus? Just a question, but a question that's worth reflecting upon. God Bless You.

No comments: