Tuesday, July 15, 2008

What I'm Enjoying Right Now...

As I was driving my son to school this morning in a massive rain storm I was reflecting on some of the things that I really am enjoying right now. I thought I would capture some of those things in this post. These are not in any rank or order. Hope you enjoy.

#1. My time with God. I know that sounds churchy, or you may even say well he's pastor of course he is going to say that. But the honest truth is right now I am truly enjoying my personal quiet time with the Lord. I feel like God is really dealing with my heart on things in my life that need to change as well as showing me great things He desires to do in and through me. My time in the Word has been challenging, convicting and refreshing.

#2. My relationship with my beautiful wife. My wife, Pam, is absolutely amazing. She is wonderful in so many ways and I become more addicted to her as the days go by. One of the many and ever growing list of things that I love about our relationship is the laughter...

#3. My kids...my two kids Max, and Emily are a handful, but they are also a bundle of energy and joy that I can not seem to get enough of. Their smiles, laughs and even innocent cries just penetrate my heart. I love being a dad and I thank God for the amazing gift of children. It seems as though every day with them is a memorable moment that I don't want to miss.

#4. Hallelujah friendly pancakes...My wife has changed our life style completely. We are now disciples of the Hallelujah Diet, which basically means we hard core vegans. Yup, no meat, fish, chicken, dairy or refined sugar. It actually has been one of the best decisions that we have made. We both feel better than we ever have. That being said there are some things that I still crave and miss (almost like Pookie from the movie "New Jack City"). Well, my wife found Hallelujah approved pancakes...everything in my world is now different!!!

#5. My Job...not only am I blessed and privileged to be in full-time ministry, but I also get to work and serve along side of some of the best guys and gals I have ever had the pleasure to know. Working at Summit has been a phenomenal experience!

#6. Biking...I am sooooo addicted to biking right now, that I am even watching the Tour de France and actually enjoying it. One of the guys who are a part of Summit gave me one of his road bikes. A sweet Quintana Roo! It is a sweet ride and a great workout. I can not wait for my first duathlon.

#7. Tropical Smoothie...because of this new lifestyle change at times it is difficult to find places that we can eat and foods that we can actually enjoy. Well, God has provided Tropical Smoothie which is a stones throw from our offices. They have the best veggie veggie wrap and smoothies you have ever tasted. It is so good it will make your tongue slap your brain two times. I should buy into the business with the amount of jack I throw down in that place. I am pretty sure that by now I could of opened one myself. If you have not been to Tropical Smoothie yet, do yourself a favor and go right now!!!

Just some of the things I am enjoying right now. Life is good and God is great! Just a random blog. God Bless You!

3 comments:

Jamin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jamin said...

I feel like #4 should have been "My friend, neighbor, and mentor Jamin Stinziano." What's the deal?

LifeDevoted said...

I love the smoothies at Tropical Smoothie!