Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Things I am not enjoying so much...

Being that today is Wednesday of aka "hump day" I figured I would whine just a little bit. A few days ago I listed some things that I am enjoying in this season of my life, well today I figured I would share some of the things I am not to crazy about right now. These are in no particular order. Enjoy!

#1. So called RAYS fans. The Tampa Devil Rays have always been one of if not the worst team in baseball since they joined the league. But all of a sudden they find themselves in first place and it's like a whole new band wagon of fans have started climbing out of every rock and want to talk smack to me because I am a YANKEE fan. Seriously!!! Let's get real, Major League Baseball doesn't give out mid-year trophies, banners or rings. Rays fans settle down and let's see how the season play it's self out. I'm sure in the end we will see why the Yankees have 26 rings and the Rays, well just suck...

#2. Pastors who preach and teach a distorted prosperity Gospel. I think these men and these types of churches and ministries have been one of the most destructive tools used by Satan to attack the move of Christianity. Now I totally understand that God has already won the battle and the war and that all victory is His, but this watered down distorted Big ME, little God Christianity that seems to be so popular is enough to make me sick. I am pretty sure that God has a special place in hades...for these imposters...

#3. Chick peas...sorry babe and by babe I mean my wonderful wife who has changed our lifestyle dramatically. I just can not get into the chick peas. I know they have tons of protein and their good for my body, but they look weird and they just don't taste good.

#4. Mike Savage...national radio host---who said on the air the other day that basically autism was pretty much a sham. Apparently Mr Savage believes that autism is a fraud! He believes autism is just being over diagnosed and families are just trying to squeeze money out of the federal government. (http://mediamatters.org/items/200807170005) Wow what a Beavis...Mr Savage do some research or better yet sit down with some families whose children live and suffer from this disease everyday. My wife and I can tell you first hand how real autism is and how little the federal government provides in way of assistance. I have a suggestion for Mr Savage, if you are running out of topics to talk about on your show, why don't you open up the air waves to the topic "why so many Americans think that you are an absolute *%$#@," well you fill in the blank. Just a suggestion, settle down... All kidding aside if you go to the link and listen to the blurb, you will see how desperately Mr Savage needs Jesus. My heart is more broken over that fact than it is upset over what he stated in what I believe is absolute ignorance.

#5. My Achilles tendon...I hurt my Achilles a little over three weeks ago. For fear of further injury I stopped running until recently. My runs have been horrible. I have lost a lot of time on my pace and I still do not feel very comfortable. It almost feels like all the training I have done to this point for the marathon has been lost. I am scheduling an appointment for an MRI and I'm praying that it will come back fine.

Now hear is the great thing, though these things and a whole host of other things bother me. God is still good! This morning I was reading in Psalm 84...
How lovely is your dwelling place, LORD Almighty! My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the LORD; my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God. 3 Even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may have her young— a place near your altar, LORD Almighty, my King and my God.4 Blessed are those who dwell in your house; they are ever praising you. 5 Blessed are those whose strength is in you,...11 For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless. 12 LORD Almighty, blessed are those who trust in you.
So if you are having trouble getting over the "hump day" ask God to help you reflect on His goodness and grace today, and thank Him for it. Remember that because of what Jesus Christ accomplished through His death and resurrection we who have trusted in Him will only know the hell of this world...so bring on the chick peas...just kidding. God Bless!

No comments: