Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Just Another Random Post...

Today in our staff meeting we had a wonderful time just sharing passages of Scripture that the Lord has been speaking to us through and shaping and challenging our hearts with. It was a rich time capped off with a time of worship. It was encouraging to hear what God is doing in the hearts and lives of the guys and gals I serve with. It is an amazing team that God has brought together here. I love that every person on our staff truly desires to honor God with their lives and does pursue intimacy with Him as their greatest treasure. One of the things that God is speaking to me about in this season is about emptying myself. Emptying myself before Him and understanding my dependence and my constant need for Him. It has been a humbling thing, but a refreshing time as well. This morning the Lord drew me to Psalm 18. David penned this after being delivered from Saul and his enemies hands.

"I love you Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I called to the Lord, who is worthy of praise and I have been saved from my enemies."

My prayer this morning was that I wouldn't wait until I was on the run or in some cave or ditch to come to my senses and realize that God is my strength, my stronghold, my fortress, but that every day as I learn and pursue to love Him more I would live in that reality. I pray that I would recognize that every moment and every day of my life the Lord is worthy of my praise. God continues to save me from my ever growing list of enemies...whether it be pride, lust, disobedience, doubt, fear, you name it, my deliverer continues to show Himself mighty and for that and so much more I am grateful. Anyway, just another rambling, but ask yourself the question "what is God teaching me right now through His Word?". Don't keep it to yourself, share it with others. God Bless!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!